Sunday, June 25, 2017

I'm Tired of Dealing with Customer Service Overseas When I'm America. How about you?

In the USA, why do I always have to speak with a Customer Service Representative Overseas?
                                   

Make America Great, was Donald Trump’s winning slogan. It won over a great many people with those three words. I don’t trust the man, not then. Not now. Hence, I didn’t vote for him or support him in anyway. However, I must admit that some of his agenda appealed to me. Making American great again sounded great. This country has fallen into a state of disrepair, mostly because so many Americans are unemployed. And I’m not talking about those jobs taken by illegal immigrants either. I’m talking about those jobs that are outsourced overseas. How many times have you called your American based company, whether it was a bank or a credit card company only to speak with someone through garbled words that was supposed to be English?  Worse still is even when they do speak English, I can’t understand them. And understanding and speaking English isn’t enough. I know I have. To date, I’ve spoken to representatives in Pakistan, India, Philippines, Guatemala and Mexico. 

Now don’t get me wrong. When I’m in one of those countries and I have a problem and speak with their local customer service representative, I don’t mind it at all. I expect it. However, when I’m dealing with an American based company, a company that is American and is getting tax breaks for being in American and has customers here in America, why do I have to talk with people of other countries, especially when I can’t understand them. I refuse to struggle to hear them. As a result, I’ve complained to those companies, to no avail, of course. The companies really don’t care as long as they get their money and the customer service representatives do their job.

In the meantime, I since discovered that when you call an American company and you call the company’s 800 number and you can’t understand the representative, you can ask for a Supervisor that speaks Native English. In other words, an American. I’ve had to do it several times and it does work. But why should I have to do through that in the first place? Buy American is good in theory. How does one do that when all the companies outsource?  I don’t know about you but I’m tired of dealing with Customer Service Representative from overseas from here in America, especially when they can barely speak English. How about you?
For more Information:
    The Ethics of Outsourcing Customer Service - Sending jobs overseas may be good for the bottom line in the short term, but frustrated customers will vote with their wallets:

    How Offshore Outsourcing Affects Customer Satisfaction:

    Outsourcing Customer Service May Be Penny Wise and Pound Foolish

 The Pros and Cons of Call Center Offshore Outsourcing:

Foreign Call Centers Must Transfer Customers to U.S. Reps?

Beware: Your Customers Oppose Outsourcing:



 That’s it for this time. Thank you all for visiting with us. Until next month, every one please stay safe. Smile. Be happy. Show compassion. Be nice to others. Put a little love into your heart. Please speak up for those without a voice, whether it be a dog, cat, elephant or monkey.  One person, one voice can make a difference. Read a book. Review it. Share it. Pass it along.


Make adoption your first option when seeking a pet. Adopt. Don’t shop. Can’t adopt. Please consider fostering one. The animal will have the taste of home and the shelter will cover the expenses. Can’t foster? Make a donation or volunteer at your local shelter. Please, don’t hunt. Unless you’re starving down in a ditch somewhere, there is no logical reason to do so. Whatever you do, however you do it, please be a voice for the animals large and small. All it takes is one to make a difference, good or bad. 
 
                                    Together, you and I can make a difference. If you like what you see here, please consider signing up to become a follower. Please feel free to share this post with others.
Regards,
S.J. Francis Writing is my passion, but animals are my world.
    In Shattered Lies: "Good and bad, it's All About Family."  Available now from Black Opal Books and for sale at on-line retailers and independent booksellers. 
    “Some secrets should remain that way.” 
    My web page: http://www.sjfranciswriter.com  
                                     Twitter: https://twitter.com/sjfrancis419 
                  My writing Blog: http://sjfranciswriter.blogspot.com                                  
          A Book Review 4 U: http://abookreview4u.blogspot.com  
                  A Consumer's View: http://aconsumersview.blogspot.com
One for the Animals blog: http://onefortheanimals.blogspot.com 

                 Google Plus:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104831238907682620486/about 
                                     
And now for some legal stuff: Copyright 2017 by S.J. Francis. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the author, S. J. Francis and are meant to entertain, inform and enlighten, and intend to offend no one.                           

No comments:

Post a Comment